Wednesday, August 11, 2021

Balancing Creativity with Business

 Recently I had an idea that I should add a business page on Facebook for my jewelry sales.  I've had a group that actually works quite well for promotion but I guess I was looking for better sales tools, which Pages offer.

One of the best processes I have ever discovered in seeking answers is to journal and then meditate, or at least quiet the mind and disconnect for a time.  The answers always come through, although not as if someone were speaking to me, but more as a feeling around the questions.

I highly recommend this to all creatives, or anyone for that matter, as a sure fire way to move forward.  We tend to get caught up in not only what we want from our creative business, but what we see others doing.  The latter is a trap of course, but we can learn some helpful tips by observation. 

We all want success in our creative business and this usually means sales, but it's not the only success.  I have found huge amounts of joy watching others be inspired by my work, or just enjoying looking at it.  This is a big deal, because that's a great gift, to give joy.

So after that meditation and journaling experience I did receive my answer and it wasn't to add one more sales platform to my creative business, but to keep it close and personal with my group and of course my online shop.  

As creatives we need enough time away, doing nothing, or at least keeping it light, to allow creativity to flow.  It's been my experience that I cannot make myself create, there is no scheduled studio time on my calendar.  It must be allowed to flow freely and I must be open to it.

I hope this has inspired you, whatever your work is.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all of your comments. Spam links will be deleted.