Monday, December 20, 2021

Remembering Magic

 On this Winter Solstice Eve I am inspired to remember the magic of creativity;  why I started, why I do it, and what it means to me.  What it means to create, to share, to inspire others.

Last week I was listening to Elizabeth Gilbert's audio book Big Magic, for probably the fifth time.  There are so many nuggets of wisdom for creatives in that book, not to mention stories!  She's a great story teller and it is even more enjoyable to hear it in her own voice.

I wrote down something she said and it keeps coming back to me.  Creative Entitlement.  Think about that.  A right to create.  No matter who you are, where you're from, or what your beliefs are.  OK, maybe not in all countries, but most places you could claim that statement. 
This concept leads to unlimited possibilities doesn't it?  Imagine giving yourself permission to create anything you want.  

The Winter Solstice is my favorite holiday because it represents the Return of the Light.  Celebrated for centuries as a rebirth, renewal, new beginning.  That's magical right?  A chance to recreate yourself every year, start a new project, new life, new cycle.  Creative Entitlement!
I think of it as my new year, a time to reflect on the past year and look to the next year.  Give thanks for what was and move on, looking forward to what will come and set a few new intentions, easy, attainable ones. 

I am also extremely grateful for my fellow creatives, blog readers, and Facebook group members.  It has been such a joy to interact with all of you this year!  A special thanks to all of my Featured Artists too, what a gift you've given, to share your own creative entitlement with others.

Happy Solstice Creatives!  Keep creating magic!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all of your comments. Spam links will be deleted.