Friday, January 14, 2022

The Creative Journey for 2022

 

 

This year got off to a rough start with several winter storms hitting our area since late December.  We're only  just now starting the clean up as the snow melts enough to find the debris.  

Being snowed in for 11 days gave me time to reflect on where I'd like to steer my creativity in 2022.  

I've decided to close the Facebook group JGD Stones and Metal, due to the lack of participation there.  I get it, everyone is busy and taking care of their lives.  I have a core group of followers who are blog readers, Instagram users and newsletter recipients, so that's where I'll put my focus this year.

I will continue to create one of a kind jewelry pieces in stones and metal with a focus on statement pieces.  This means I'll probably create less quantity but better quality of work, which is probably the best goal for any artist.  I'll share the finished pieces on Instagram @jgd.stonesandmetal.

With the increase in winter storms here and the possibility of being unable to ship orders I may consider putting the Etsy shop on a hiatus from November through February.  If you're following along here I'll be keeping you informed of closure dates and best holiday shopping times.

Since Blogger hasn't replaced the ability to sign up for getting posts in your email yet, and you are interested in the monthly newsletter, please email me at jenigray101@gmail.com with your email address and interest and I'll add you to the list.   

I hope you all have plans and goals for this year.  Each new year is an opportunity to express ourselves creatively.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all of your comments. Spam links will be deleted.