Saturday, March 9, 2024

Challenge Your Creativity Everday

 Last fall I had a meltdown, a reawakening and a transformation all within about a week I think.  I changed my creative direction to a simpler method of assemblage.  It was fun and the items were cute, but it didn't challenge me enough.  I am not content to just put stuff together, I want to create it, from nothing, or next to nothing.

So I'm back to metal!  Who knew it would grab hold of me like super glue.  I'm pretty sure it's just in my DNA now. 

What I tried first was working with sterling silver, which I hadn't up till now mostly because it's expensive and might go wrong.  I knew I had to do it anyway.  I asked a few seasoned jewelers how to work with it and they reassured me I could do it.  OK then, and I did!  All these years I put off working with it because I was afraid of it, lol, the laugh is on me because it's not scary and in fact seemed easier to work with than copper, at least in the same medium I'd been using - which was my fail-safe.  

In the end it was a perfect piece, I listed it in my Etsy shop and it sold two days later.  This my friends, is the lesson we all need to learn:  do it anyway, whatever it is that makes your heart sing.

Challenge your creativity everyday.

Sterling silver foldform cuff.


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all of your comments. Spam links will be deleted.