Wednesday, February 16, 2022

Hardware Jewelry

 Or maybe I should title it "hardwear jewelry".  These new pieces are taking shape but not quickly!  I have searched for recycled copper pieces and spent hours in the local hardware store fitting nuts and bolts together.  I'm sure they think I'm building a space ship for all the time I've spent in the aisle for screws and bolts.


I started laying out pieces that I liked together, then chose the hardware according to size, color and fit.  Eventually I just had to finish something.  I have these new compression rivets too that I've been itching to try, so I added some on the finished pieces, just for looks so far.  Later I can do something more functional with them.


So this piece was finished first.  I love the odd shapes and color contrast between the patina copper background and the bronze front piece.  By the way this one moves!  You can actually move the bronze piece a little either way.  This was my original goal too.  The rivet is ornamental. 
Finished on a bronze chain with handmade clasp.



This piece came a lot quicker because I used recycled copper from my bin of scraps.  I did a foldform line for texture and added a bronze piece with screw and washer with a rivet for a finished look.  Nice bulky chain with handmade clasp.  

Coming next are two more pieces from the recycled scrap that I've hand worked.  I am loving these hardware accents!  Finding the perfect chain is challenging, but worth it.  Best part is that they are gender neutral / unisex pieces. 

Stay tuned!


No comments:

Post a Comment

I welcome all of your comments. Spam links will be deleted.